Call for Papers
The development of smart vehicles and more sustainable transportation systems has emerged as one of the most fundamental societal challenges of the next decade. At the same time, automotive manufacturers are striving to make vehicles safer and more environmentally friendly to fulfill consumers’ expectations and new regulations. To revolutionize our mobile lifestyle towards a more sustainable and connected future it is of paramount importance to develop innovative cooperative systems enabling road users and other actors to exchange information in real time and in an autonomous manner, pervasive sensing to monitor the status of vehicles and the surroundings, big data analytics for the processing of sheer amount of data coming from the transportation infrastructure, middleware platforms for information management and sharing, and appropriate interaction interfaces between drivers and vehicles. Clearly, the seamless integration between mobile devices, vehicular communication networks, and information and transportation systems will face a number of technical, economical and regulatory challenges. The workshop will solicit original papers addressing theoretical and practical aspects of vehicular communications and ITS services as well as papers describing prototype implementations and deployments.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Vehicular Network as a Sensor Network;
- V2V, V2I and V2X communications
- Vehicular mobility support in next-generation wireless technologies
- Communications protocol design (MAC, routing, data dissemination)
- Data storage, management, and retrieval in vehicular networks
- Solutions to connect vehicles with the Internet
- Big data analytics for ITS applications
- Security and privacy in ITS applications
- Multimedia applications, infotainment
- Cooperative driving, autonomous and smart vehicles
- Traffic management and efficiency applications
- Electrification of transportation systems
- Simulation environments, experimental testbeds, field operational tests • Mobile (smart) device integration in vehicles and transport systems
- Integration of cloud technologies in ITS applications
SmartVehicles 2015 is sponsored by IEEE and IEEE Computer Society.
PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBBLICATION
Papers should neither have been published elsewhere nor being currently under review by another conference or journal. Manuscripts are limited to 6 pages, single spacing, double column, and must strictly adhere to the template format. Guidelines on paper submission and formatting are available here.
Accepted papers will appear in the symposium proceedings published by IEEE. There will be no separate workshop registration, as one single registration will cover both conference and workshops participation. At least one author of each accepted paper is required and present his/her work at the workshop.
Paper Registration (EXTENDED): March 22, 2015
Paper Submission (EXTENDED): March 22, 2015
Acceptance Notification: April 30, 2015